Trump Says He’d Encourage Russia to Attack NATO Allies
by AquinasDomer (2024-02-10 22:28:54)

Who don't pay. This seems to be getting less play that Biden's Al Sisi/Mexico gaffe, but holy crap

"Donald Trump has despised NATO since the 1980s, and when he was president, his aides believed he wanted to pull the United States out of the alliance completely. At a rally this weekend, Trump went even further, stating that he would encourage Russia to invade NATO allies who “didn’t pay.”

Trump’s threat took the form of a story that is likely exaggerated or made up completely (one obvious sign of Trump’s fake stories is that he is always being called “sir” in them), but what he said nonetheless reveals his attitude toward the United States’ most important alliance:

The president of a big country stood up and said, “Well, sir, if we don’t pay, and are attacked by Russia, will you protect us?”

I said, “You didn’t pay? You’re delinquent?”

He said, “Yes, let’s say that happened.”

“No, I would not protect you. In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want.”

I might be channeling my inner Barney68, but if you're sitting out the election because of Afganistan or Biden being too old... Think about how destabilizing having this guy surrounded by his sycophants and wing nuts would be. There won't be a John Kelly or Mattis or even a Bill Barr to restrain him. He's going to destabilize things and make the first 4 years look like a walk in the park.

Replies: