CNN and MSNBC have been cutting away from his
by krudler (2024-02-11 09:27:51)

In reply to: Why isn’t the media reporting this re: Trump? (link)  posted by sprack

speeches, which I think is a poor strategy if you want your audience to know what he's saying. Sure they'll occasionally pick out snippets to tear apart, but it doesn't have the same impact when you pull in partisans to attack small sections of a larger speech. Let people see for themselves the state he's in and the things he says in full, then do your analysis. Most of the time his performances and speeches speak for themselves and you won't even need that analysis.

I guess I just don't understand this sentiment.
by wearendhockey  (2024-02-11 11:09:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Who out there will have their opinion of Trump change if they see him saying live that Russia should attack NATO countries? MAGA minds are wired to believe and accept everything Trump says as the gospel. Much like he said he'd lose no support if he shot someone dead in the street, he could actually start spouting lines out the playbook of the most progressive democrats and his poll numbers would not get worse, in fact they'd probably get better.

His performances and speeches DO speak for themselves, and that has been the issue for the last 8 years now. Trump simply was the successful candidate who tapped into where nearly half of the voters are, and instead of shrinking away when he said literally thousands of outrageous things, he leaned in. He was the first candidate in a long, long time to correctly read the mood of half the country.

This isn't a Trump problem. It is a "your neighbor" problem. Trump is what they want.

The question was why isn't the media covering more of
by krudler  (2024-02-11 12:23:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Trump's gaffes and crazy things he's saying. My response is that multiple media outlets are not showing his victory speeches or speeches in general. Not that they have to cover all of his speeches or the entire thing, but showing quick snippets doesn't really give anyone the full picture. If you want the media to cover Trump, start with his words and analyze from there, rather than just a random snippet here and there. That outlets like CNN and MSNBC feel like they know best about what should or should not be viewed by the public doesn't solve the problem of why it's not getting more coverage.