First I support MD and others like him trying to move the
by wpkirish (2024-02-12 16:01:38)

In reply to: "Democrats keep presenting moderate bills"  posted by El Kabong

party back to being a rational party. My issue / concern is when that is not happening do you still suport the party.. I have a close friend who is a Republican State Rep of the kind you and MD would like. She has the Maga / Freedom Caucus types attacking her and trying to primary her. These are the same folks who ran Jim Durkin out of politics. My question is how do you thread that needle? If you contest primaries and the MAGA folks win do you just fall in line and still vote R or do you send a message by voting for the Dem?

Whi bill do you condiser to be inflation causing income redistribution? I dont disagree legislation has contributed some to inflation but most studies would say it is far from the primary or majority cause. The other fact is without Dems you would not have had the CHIPS act or The Bipartisan infrastrucutre act both of which are generating investment and economic growth. Republicans didnt want those acts but are happy to celebrate the investments in their districts. The perfect example for the Florida Rep who was called out for promoting funding that she distributed in her district that came from a bill she voted agaisnt.

Replies: