Prejudgment interest will add another hundred million or so *
by Barrister (2024-02-16 17:11:03)

In reply to: Trump fined $355 million in fraud case (link)  posted by sprack

This user did not provide content for this post

We're about to find out just how rich he really is.
by Barney68  (2024-02-17 09:00:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

$354 + 83 + 100 + 5 = $542 million! And probably growing as there are the lawsuits in DC yet to come. And criminal trials, of course. And the cost of the monitors that apparently will accrue to him for years into the future.

Then there are loans that have been reported to be coming due and a restriction on using any New York banks. That could get, uh, tricky what with all the publicity. And with the description of the organization's methodology for creating financial reports that are part of the court's findings.

For the Saudi Sovereign Wealth Fund, that's probably chump change, but will they bail him out or will they start to think that they've invested enough in the Greater Trump Crime Family #GTCF (I just made that up; "greater" because ya gotta include Jarrad and his $2 billion).

Despite that, the GOP continues to carry his water. If they allow him to raid the election monies deeply enough, and they don't have a half billion lying around, there are going to be a lot of races poorly funded this summer and fall. That's not a recipe for electoral success. #ETTD (I didn't make that up).

And just how liquid he is.
by IAND75  (2024-02-17 10:24:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

For example, he has a 1/3 interest in Vornado which is a fund that own a variety of office buildings in New York and San Francisco. The terms of his ownership require approval of the other owners to withdraw any funds from Vornado. Yet, he listed it under “Cash” in all of his financial statements implying that it was liquid and readily available when it is not.

I heard an interview with a NYT reporter yesterday who said that it is unclear just how much liquid assets he has, but it could be as little as $42 million. He said that a significant portion of Trump’s liquidity over the past decade has been the income from The Apprentice and other such entertainment ventures. That has dwindled to almost nothing.

As you note, the court order requires the Monitor to hire a controller who will report to her and the court. I would presume that one of the first things the controller will do is an extensive inventory and current valuation of all assets and liabilities, a review of all contracts to understand the current and future obligations of the company, as well as put in place GAAP based accounting processes and standard cash management processes. That will take quite a bit of time. However, I expect it will uncover all sorts of things when they turn over all those rocks.

The Republican Party Will Struggle
by AquinasDomer  (2024-02-17 10:11:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

In down ballot races. With the new coalitions they already struggle to raise money compared to dems. You know Trump is going to siphon about 500 million from small dollar donors to pay this off.