And just how liquid he is.
by IAND75 (2024-02-17 10:24:56)
Edited on 2024-02-17 10:35:17

In reply to: We're about to find out just how rich he really is.  posted by Barney68

For example, he has a 1/3 interest in Vornado which is a fund that own a variety of office buildings in New York and San Francisco. The terms of his ownership require approval of the other owners to withdraw any funds from Vornado. Yet, he listed it under “Cash” in all of his financial statements implying that it was liquid and readily available when it is not.

I heard an interview with a NYT reporter yesterday who said that it is unclear just how much liquid assets he has, but it could be as little as $42 million. He said that a significant portion of Trump’s liquidity over the past decade has been the income from The Apprentice and other such entertainment ventures. That has dwindled to almost nothing.

As you note, the court order requires the Monitor to hire a controller who will report to her and the court. I would presume that one of the first things the controller will do is an extensive inventory and current valuation of all assets and liabilities, a review of all contracts to understand the current and future obligations of the company, as well as put in place GAAP based accounting processes and standard cash management processes. That will take quite a bit of time. However, I expect it will uncover all sorts of things when they turn over all those rocks.