Couple of questions....
by Marine Domer (2024-02-21 22:26:34)

In reply to: You might, but most dont  posted by vermin05

1. Do you consider opposing unrestricted abortion choosing valuing "the unborn over currently living individuals"? I like an explanation on that.

2. Not every "gun rights activist" takes the fringe position you assign. So if you're going to paint with that broad a brush you should be prepared for someone to make fun of your painting.

3. And is NARAL any less extreme in their views on abortion, a right NOT enumerated in the Constitution, than the NRA is on gun rights? I think they've both lost control of common sense. But a lot more "innocent children" die every year from abortions than ever die of gunshots.

Answers
by vermin05  (2024-02-21 22:50:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

1. No, but someone who is a single issue voter is by definition someone who values unborn life over living life as taken to the extreme, someone could be the second coming of Hitler but so long as he was anti abortion a single issue voter would vote for him over a moderate Democrat.

2. I’m really tired of the gun lobby at this point, our gun violence is a national disgrace that happens nowhere else in the developed world. Any change to curtail it is fought vigorously by powerful groups like the NRA. If you are a member and support them then that’s your view too.

3. Who says I’m part of NAARL they suck too. Why can’t we have a moderate position on abortion? Because that’s where I am at this point. I want exceptions for rape and incest. I want no restrictions if the mother’s life is in danger. I want paid maternity leave that can be taken after and before birth, I want free maternity care along with a vigorous adoption system to potentially convince women who would otherwise have an abortion to consider bringing to term and adopting. I bet a decent amount of people would be with me.