Google it
by vermin05 (2024-02-21 22:41:07)

In reply to: What about men’s rights? Is that a bad thing now?….  posted by Marine Domer

You’ll see why, it’s the new name mysogynists and incels call themselves. It’s all about Men’s rights (to rule over women)

There's that broad brush again. Men's rights = incels....
by Marine Domer  (2024-02-21 23:48:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

and misogynists, right? No one else?

under the definition, yes
by ravenium  (2024-02-22 00:21:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

It's the way the term evolved and the primary meaning.

No, what you are probably thinking is not, and it's also not what vermin is referring to either.

Think of it this way - James Brown sang "say it loud". We think nothing of it. It doesn't mean you can't be proud of who you are as a white person, but you'd never (I hope) refer to it as "white pride".

Exactly
by vermin05  (2024-02-22 07:12:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Unfortunately because of the broad use of it by the fringes the word has become tainted and it’s no longer innocent. Much like how I can’t flash the ok sign anymore (thanks to the white power people.)

Most people don't care. I've seen the OK symbol
by krudler  (2024-02-22 10:37:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

flashed multiple times over the last few years, and no one cares or brings up "white power". It seems one group of people is more focused on this "issue" than others.