What, precisely, would be the charge related to impeachment? *
by FaytlND (2024-02-22 11:57:00)

In reply to: 153k loans disappear with the stroke of a pen...  posted by El Kabong

This user did not provide content for this post

Knowingly violating the Constitution
by Flann  (2024-02-22 13:27:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

and the Presidential oath.

Of course most Presidents do this- they take actions that they know are beyond the scope of their delegated powers. I can think of examples from Trump (clearly reallocating money to the border for projects Congress had specifically declined to fund), Obama (stating repeatedly that he did not have the constitutional authority to grant amnesty for the Dreamers and then going so), and Bush (signing a campaign finance bill while stating that parts of it were unconstitutional). I don't think that impeachment and removal is or would have been the prudent reaction to these actions. But discussion of impeachment for willfully violating the constitution and the Presidential oath seems appropriate.

But Congress has no appetite to push back and defend what should be their turf. In fact, they would prefer to do the opposite since most of Congress has no interest in legislating.

Why, engaging in bad policy of course!
by IrishJosh24  (2024-02-22 12:41:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

What more do you need? That's where we are at this point. Anything I don't like is grounds for impeachment. And, hey, the Democrats weaponized impeachment first anyway. Or something.

It is nonsense, sure, and it's used to justify something that was already happening anyway. El Kabong has stated, on this very site, multiple times, that he intends to stay home in November and has been encouraging others in swing states to do the same.

It's not new. It isn't really even related to the latest "offense." It was going to happen either way.

This is just a reminder of something already decided. A Democrat whose policies I don't prefer is just as bad as Trump, so I'll vote for neither!