This sure is a strange thing about which to get religion
by ACross (2024-02-22 18:51:41)

In reply to: It's also been called vote-buying by some.  posted by G.K.Chesterton

The borrowers are limited to those who borrowed no more than $12k and having been making payments for 10 years.

Ironic that many of the people who get amped up about this issue had parents who stroked checks for tuition and thus helped their kids avoid going into hock.

Then again, I didn't begrudge Newsome for enjoying some food and wine with rich people in California during Covid

I didn't begrudge him doing that either
by jt  (2024-02-22 21:19:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

and I didn't begrudge Hancock hopping on a plane to visit his daughter in Louisiana over Thanksgiving.

What I do begrudge is the heavy handed tactics that were used to stop other people from doing the same. What I do mind is the "do as I say, not as I do" and "rules for thee but not for me" attitude amongst these jackasses.

Most of all, what I really dislike is these half ass solutions that really do nothing but kick the can down the road to the next generation to figure out because the current politicos don't want to make hard decisions and possibly lose votes. For the record, SAVE changes a lot more stuff than just for people who owe 12K.

The cost of education is the problem; greedy administrators are the problem; the fact that people are now looking at a college education from a "return on investment" perspective is the problem. SAVE pretty much solves none of that.

Put me in the "thumbs up" column *
by catripledomer  (2024-02-23 11:44:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I endorse it also *
by El Kabong  (2024-02-23 10:14:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I wholeheartedly endorse this post. *
by Marine Domer  (2024-02-22 23:45:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply