She chose to be the face of it because she has chosen a
by wpkirish (2024-02-23 14:44:29)

In reply to: Carried interest has been around for a long time.  posted by EricCartman

unique brand of maverick where she has adopted policies not supported by large portions of either party but uniquely supported by the libertarian tech types and she has also taken a ton of money from from firms who benefit from the rule.

She envisioned herself as a centrist who would rise to the Presidency and understood she would need deep pockets to do that. I dont think she had any other objective in mind.

It did not pass in 2009-2011 nor 2021-2023 despite
by Raoul  (2024-02-23 15:30:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Dem aggressive advocacy prior to those elections and total control of both houses and POTUS because Senate Leadership in both cases did not want it to pass or even get brought to a vote or slipped in. And whenever included, it was a sham.

Chuck Schumer as Whip, Minority Leader and Majority Leader will never let it happen. I strongly advocate getting rid of it and my fellow conservatives sadly do not and are up front about it. But they also don't say it should be gone and then do everything possible to hide the fact that they will not let it pass.