its kind of ironic, IMO
by DBCooper (2024-02-27 10:34:12)
Edited on 2024-02-27 10:36:01

In reply to: Run for a second term.  posted by EricCartman

He was needed to run in 2020 to beat Trump and I think he was the only leading candidate that would have done that. I also always wondered if he didnt really want to run in 20 but felt compelled to get Trump out of the White House (in other words if it was a moderate Republican he probably never would have run). I think most at the time assumed he would be a one term President on his terms.

Now, Biden being stubborn and running again, even when there are plenty of Dem strategists publicly suggesting he should move on, very well could lead to Trump winning again. I dont know if there is an obvious Dem candidate who would easily beat Trump, but I sure wish some other candidates were given the chance. But for those of us who hate Trump, Biden was the man we needed in 2020 to beat the president, now he is the man we need to go away to again defeat Trump.

As Harvey Dent said in Dark Knight, "You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." I think if he announced a year ago that he was not going to run again, most anti Trump voters would view him overall in a positive light. Now, who knows.

But i still dont believe Biden vs Trump will be the ticket this November. But, its not looking good.

Replies: