I am still confused
by DBCooper (2024-03-17 08:54:19)
Edited on 2024-03-17 09:00:45

In reply to: Here is the Cincinnati Enquirer reporting (link)  posted by Raoul

I listened to the full minute Kayo linked and I agree context is important and Trump is known to make some dumb comments that are a little less harmful if you take it the full context. With that said, what the heck does he mean with his “bloodbath” comment, in light of the Chinese automakers in Mexico context? I still don’t see how it isn’t a side comment about what will happen in this country if he is not elected again. Does he mean it will be a bloodbath of Chinese cars that are made in Mexico that flood out streets red? Cars that no American buys to begin with? Mexico is a big car producer and has numerous car companies using their land for manufacturing, not just Chinese companies. Does he mean a bloodbath of Mexico made cars? Because he doesn’t allude to that during his “bloodbath” comment, he only talks about Chinese companies making cars in Mexico

To me, it’s just another side comment he makes about the potential dire consequences to this country if he is not elected. He likes to stroke fear to try to get on the fence voters to side with him. Just as he said

“If we don't win this election, I don't think you're going to have another election in this country” and
“If I don't win, it is my prediction that we will have a stock market 'crash' worse than that of 1929 – a Great Depression”
The “bloodbath” comment just continues this sad pattern.

Replies: