Exercised my Constitutional right to vote today
by El Kabong (2024-03-19 14:56:50)
Edited on 2024-03-19 15:01:19

Didn't ask for my ID, of course. Thought for a second about voting under a different name, but didn't want to invalidate my ballot, a concern that also informed my decision to vote in a number of judges races about which I knew nothing.

As much as I wanted to cast my protest vote for Haley, circumstances dictated I take a (D) ballot since the people I really wanted to vote for were on it.

In a (probably futile) effort to get the States Attorney office away from the Foxx crowd, I voted for Eileen O'Neill Burke. In a (probably equally futile) effort to keep judgeships away from the Foxx and Madigan crowds, I voted for my friend Dave Heilmann. Our town's POS village manager is a former Madigan stooge, kissing the ring (among other things & places) at Palermo's on the regular, and tried to put out a hit piece of totally BS stuff on Dave in support of the former Madiganite in the race. I hope he gets a rash in an unscratchable spot.

I wrote myself in for President because Biden sucks but I couldn't bring myself to vote for the other two wackaloons. I still had to vote for his electors though (see ballot invalidation above) because they were the only choice. If I choose to exercise my right in November, I'll likely do the same thing.

Sonia Anne Khalil did not get my vote either. I wasn't thrilled with some of the things I heard about Rick Ryan, but he did have the good taste to marry one of my neighbors growing up, so there's that.

Replies: