There is a gaping chasm between the GOP Members ...
by Barney68 (2024-03-23 16:19:49)

In reply to: It may be wishing thinking on my part,  posted by Revue Party

who want to govern and the hard right group. Then there is the full-MAGA-Q set. Folks often lump the hard right with the full-MAGA-Q types, but there are differences.

Anyway, I've predicted from time to time that the GOP must either split into two parties, cast out the "let's do our jobs" folks, or cast out the MAGA crowd. Folks like Graham have realized that winning in the near term means finding a way to make nice-nice, but that's becoming less and less tenable.

My best guess these days is that the MAGAs will continue casting all but true believers overboard at the slightest sign of wanting to obey orders from someone other than Q ... I mean from Trump. That will shrink the GOP into a smaller and smaller group, one that cannot achieve power under any circumstances. It may happen as soon as this election.

Where do the cast-offs go? How many of the appeasement wing of the Party will be accepted by those who tried to do better?

And, once the GOP has turned itself into modern day Whigs, what will control the Democrats?

Replies: