Except of course even she has not been outraged.
by wpkirish (2024-03-25 10:42:16)

In reply to: The one not in Kim Foxx's pocket  posted by El Kabong

The campaigns had lawyers and poll watchers in there the entire time. It is not surprising the mail ballots were slightly different. As I said to you last week the "machine' is not what it once was but the two bets organized unions in the City are the SEIU and CTU. Presumably those groups were encouraging their people to vote early to make certain they did.

I think at this point the Harris people believe it is unliklely they win but do think there may be grounds for a recount given the potential corruption. The very same corruption you and Airborne are so convinced is stealing the election away from Burke O'Neill.

It is entirely possible she suffered a Jim Ryan name issue and probably would have been wise to drop the Burke name but the bigger issue is turnout. The people who have been outraged for 4 years didnt care enough to vote. My boys are on break. My wife was on the senior class trip. Another mom on the trip is a close friends (kids have been in school together since Pre-K). That Mom is the founder of a business with franchises around the country. They have a number of their own locaitons here in Chicago. They have been impacted by the fallout from 2020 and Covid. Husband is a partner at a large law firm. Have heard her complain often about all the crime issues.

On Tuesday evening I texted my wife some numbers while they were at dinner and that mother admitted she had forgotten to vote. With the exception of a local school council race I have not missed voting in an election since 1984 so it boggles my mind how one would do that. Hell I took my 18 year old to vote before he left on the trip and gave him specific instructions on the races that mattered.