Ronna McDaniel’s hiring by NBC is facing kickback
by irishguard78 (2024-03-25 22:58:12)
Edited on 2024-03-25 23:03:34

Folks inside NBC are unhappy with the hiring for reasons regarding her past statements or support about Trump might be reasonable. Yet I believe it might be interesting for NBC followers to hear what McDaniel has to say about Trump, what his plans are and why she was fired.

A further thought: Given the travails that FoxNews...
by Kbyrnes  (2024-03-28 12:33:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

...experienced because it had on-air people touting falsehoods about Dominion and its voting systems, wherein the network paid a gargantuan sum to the plaintiff, admitted falsehoods, and parted ways with one of the chief proponents of those falsehoods...why would NBC bring in just such a person (and McDaniel had touted baseless dreck about voting systems in, e.g., Michigan, which used Dominion)? It would be like an accounting firm hiring Kim Dunbar.

Not to mention isnt she a potential witness in some of the
by wpkirish  (2024-03-28 13:13:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

pending trials? How does NBC (or anyone else) cover the trial if one of their employees is a witness and how does she maintain any credibility? It appears she softened her stolen election statements but if called to testify what is she going to say?

I understand the business side attraction to hiring her but from a news organization perspective it was unwise in my opinion.

There is a whole bunch of GOP people that they could hire...
by Kbyrnes  (2024-03-28 13:59:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

...Mike Gallagher and Ken Buck come to mind.

Looks like she didn’t even have time to figure out
by IAND75  (2024-03-26 19:48:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

where all the restrooms are.

That was quick.

Just saw someone say that she lasted only 0.36 Scaramucci's *
by Idsoonerbeirish  (2024-03-26 22:40:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

She's been a Trump champion for years.
by Kali4niaND  (2024-03-25 23:53:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Hard pass. A horrible mistake for any news organization to hire somebody with her background in spreading lies.

Feeling the CNN heat. Play both sides to the xtent possible.
by beatgoeson  (2024-03-26 20:56:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Looking for the softer gentler MAGA voter looking beyond Fox for the the "Speaking Truth to Power" angle! I love that tired expression.

See also, Sharpton, Al:
by Barrister  (2024-03-26 07:47:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Incites violence (Freddy's Fashion Mart): check
Peddler of lies and misinformation (Tawana Brawley): check
Went from political career to cable TV: check

Yup *
by Barney68  (2024-03-26 10:39:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Election denier, anti-constitutional facilitator...
by Kbyrnes  (2024-03-26 01:12:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

...and MJT-level crackpot, in my humble opinion.

MJT? *
by gozer  (2024-03-26 10:53:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I assume it's an acronymic portmanteau of DJT and MTG *
by Raoul  (2024-03-26 10:58:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Si senor. *
by Kbyrnes  (2024-03-26 11:05:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

No disagreement there. *
by Barrister  (2024-03-26 09:05:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

She was just following orders. *
by Revue Party  (2024-03-26 09:00:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

A proven defense, to be sure. *
by Barney68  (2024-03-26 10:38:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply