Couple items
by wpkirish (2024-03-26 17:08:04)

In reply to: That's not my position and it's not how borrowing works  posted by krudler

First, outside of a deal where I sold a family business I have not done any M&A so not exaclty my area of expertise. However, I think there is a difference between projections and facts. As others have written extensively in other posts Trump lied repeatedly about facts. The apartment size was the most cited example becuase it was easy for the general public to understand but was not the only one.

Second the judgment has not been brought down on appeal. A judge made a decision (for which I am not certain there is authority) to lower the amount of the bond in order to allow Trump so room. The amount of damages may be lowered on appeal but that has not happened yet.

As to the amount of damages it seems like a lot but if you read the order the amount is actually based upon the differences between the rates charged and what the banks said they would have charged.

I think KByrnes has posted the best synopsis see if you can find it and see if you still think this is all made up and he didnt inflate his financials. There are number of writers who for yershave written about how he inflates his financials just look at the stories about him and the Forbes list. ANd under the law as passed the simple act of submitting them is a violation.

And by the way I agree it is a "political" decision in the sense that if he never ran he would not have attracted the attention to bring these cases but he was the idiot who did that.

Replies: