Fair amount of evidence in this case though, no?
by FL_Irish (2024-04-03 10:07:57)

In reply to: You have a remarkable talent for discerning  posted by ufl

"College for all" etc.

I've never heard of that slogan
by ufl  (2024-04-03 10:34:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

in the sense that everyone should go to college (maybe I just missed it). I have heard it in the sense that college should be available to those who don't have the funds but have the desire and the aptitude. Perhaps I'm just slow to pick up on slogans.

Very few people think everyone should go to college.
by Tex Francisco  (2024-04-03 10:56:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

A lot of people do, however, have an attitude that college should be the default for anyone who clears the minimum intellectual/academic bar for going to a college. I think this proposition is debatable, and opinions on it are rapidly changing.

"college for all" on the left and "you can start a business"
by Tex Francisco  (2024-04-03 10:29:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

on the right. The reality is that both are equally out of reach for many people. The Trump team (I doubt it was Trump himself) seemed to recognize this and focused on brining jobs back and keeping jobs in America. I think he was largely full of sh!t and bad policy ideas, but the message resonated.