Since Roe was overturned which solid blue State has passed
by wpkirish (2024-04-03 11:23:18)

In reply to: They will not state legal abortion under all circumstances  posted by Tex Francisco

a bill that would allow abortion on demand until birth? I am not saying there is no Democrat anywhere that has ever expressed support for such an idea but I think it is pretty clear the party position is to reinstate Roe which was not on demand for any reason.

Michigan has come awfully close.
by manofdillon  (2024-04-03 15:22:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Proposal 3 allows abortion at any point in time if a provider finds it's medically indicated to protect the "mental health" of the pregnant individual. The thought of having a kid stressing you out? You can probably find a doctor to tell you abortion is medically indicated.

Also, while Proposal 3 provides that the state can regulate abortion after fetal viability,

I guess you could read it as allowing it for any
by wpkirish  (2024-04-04 09:57:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

frivolous reason. More likely the language was intended to recognize there can. be cases where there is a very real mental health issue that might not be included in the more traditional health of the mother phrase.

I will say that I think the idea a woman who is 8 months pregnant would decide to terminate her preganancy because it is stressing her out is insulting to women in general and women who have access to abortion services and carry to the 8th month actually do want to be pregnant.