Fair point. Was noting that as much as we hope that ghouls
by Grace91 (2024-04-11 22:25:36)

In reply to: As i said I dont speak in absolutes *  posted by wpkirish

won't be able to find people to help them, it happens. So we should account for the possibility and do what we can to protect against it. Please note that I don't think that that means extremely restrictive laws. This is a difficult subject and one for which my opinion is not set in stone. I will acknowledge that I would prefer to err on the side of protecting life. I also acknowledge that it is not as simple a scenario as, for example, the death penalty. In modern prisons in the US the chance of a dangerous offender escaping and wreaking additional havoc upon the populace is low or zero. So putting an offender to death serves only as vengeance, and is not justifiable. The factors here are much more complex, but we would do well as a people to wrestle with them and come to some solution that satisfies no one. That's how we will know if we achieved a decent compromise. We may discover years after we each are in the ground how wrong we were at the time, but all we can do is decide based upon what we know now.

If you made it this far, congratulations for powering through my rambling, and have a good evening.