I am well aware. That’s not my point, however.
by Giggity_Giggity (2024-04-14 10:40:36)

In reply to: Well statistically speaking white Christian shooters have  posted by OITLinebacker

The fact that sleeper agents from various unfriendly countries exist on our soil was my point, and to me that’s more concerning than domestic terrorists at this point in time.

I don't doubt that, just that they've not done anything.
by OITLinebacker  (2024-04-14 14:34:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

and historically speaking, they've not killed nearly the number of people that the domestic terrorists have. Instead of spending craploads of money on a wall, it might be better served to have the proper amount of funding for background checks, mental health, etc. Also, it might be good to have more funding for drug rehab and do more to help addicts get straight.

I'm sure some terrorists-type folks are getting into the country because even after 9/11 and the extra scrutiny, it's not that hard to get in, but I question if they aren't finding other means than our southern border. Same with Chinese and Russian agents. They *could* use either border, but the weak spots are more global than that. I suspect they can get into the US far more easily via fake documents than by risking getting caught on the southern border.

I'm just saying the unfriendly agent bug-a-boo hasn't amounted to nearly as many American deaths as the domestic terrorist issues, particularly guns (which aid those foreign agents if they choose to use them as well).

and you think they're here because of border policy?
by ravenium  (2024-04-14 12:30:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

There's nobody in Iran who can forge a passport, rubber stamp a visa, or otherwise?

I would strongly disagree about domestic terrorism. We're seeing an explosion of Christian nationalism, and while it's not Oklahoma City level yet, the intolerance is going to be a brush fire as the election creeps closer.

Put down the crazy drink
by airborneirish  (2024-04-14 13:15:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Whatever you are consuming is nonsense. Seriously while your own city was held hostage by leftist loonies this is what you can come up with? A bogey man white Christian nationalist? What the fuck?

So I wasn't really talking to you, but
by ravenium  (2024-04-16 14:30:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Since you seem to like making "see, I was right, nobody believed me, everyone is dumb but me. Source: my personal opinion" type of posts such as the one above, I think I need to reply.

1. You postulated that Iran has sleeper agents ready to strike and it should be our top threat priority. I disagree, and I cite the GAO's most recent report on domestic terrorism (linked below).

2. You insinuated that said sleeper argents are coming across via coyotes at the border. This is rather silly, given how easy it is to come here legally if one were a nation state actor. You also attempted to link it to the current drumbeat of "porous borders!", which is a concern in and of itself, but a bit of a bridge to directly link.

3. "Held Hostage" is hilarious. You won't find many defending the embarrassing inability of PPB to enact crowd control in 2020 (which was four years ago, btw) or the terrible inability of city/county government to make any sort of decision, but "held hostage"? Please. I was more held hostage by covid, because there were no bars or restaurants to go to. I could walk a dog downtown and shockingly encountered no checkpoints.

No, what happened in 2020 was criminal behavior piggybacking on protests, and it's a crying shame we all became dumbasses and failed to shut it down. It's over, but I won't soon forget.

And speaking of domestic terrorism, I'd say those groups are part of them. Shutting down roads, airports, and bridges is going to. lead to violence, and I have no trouble considering it as such.

I don’t dispute that
by DBCooper  (2024-04-14 11:59:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

But what are they waiting for? At least if you are talking about Iranian sleeper cells.

Soleimani was assassinated over 4 years ago and they have done nothing (outside of some stuff in the M.E). Outside of the Ayatollah, it doesn’t get much bigger than Soleimani. But, no response. They hire goons to try to kidnap or assassinate Iranian dissidents here in the US. They tried to hire a hit man to kill Bolton.

Seems like if they have all of these sleeper cells in the US they would have done something by now.

Iran loves using proxies and hiring outsiders to do their dirty work. They rarely use their own people.