I don't doubt that, just that they've not done anything.
by OITLinebacker (2024-04-14 14:34:29)

In reply to: I am well aware. That’s not my point, however.  posted by Giggity_Giggity

and historically speaking, they've not killed nearly the number of people that the domestic terrorists have. Instead of spending craploads of money on a wall, it might be better served to have the proper amount of funding for background checks, mental health, etc. Also, it might be good to have more funding for drug rehab and do more to help addicts get straight.

I'm sure some terrorists-type folks are getting into the country because even after 9/11 and the extra scrutiny, it's not that hard to get in, but I question if they aren't finding other means than our southern border. Same with Chinese and Russian agents. They *could* use either border, but the weak spots are more global than that. I suspect they can get into the US far more easily via fake documents than by risking getting caught on the southern border.

I'm just saying the unfriendly agent bug-a-boo hasn't amounted to nearly as many American deaths as the domestic terrorist issues, particularly guns (which aid those foreign agents if they choose to use them as well).