That wasn’t what I was responding to, though
by mocopdx (2024-04-14 20:15:21)

In reply to: What percentage of the board will vote for him?  posted by EricCartman

Sure, plenty of people here will vote for Biden, but the notion that Jimbo is mocking (that this board is full of rah-rah Biden cheerleaders) doesn’t make sense to me.

This board is very anti-Trump, but it’s not at all pro-Biden.

He has a lot of defenders here.
by EricCartman  (2024-04-15 16:50:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

It’s usually based on a relative comparison to Trump.

At the end of the day, whether you vote for Biden because your car is covered in Biden stickers, or you do it by accident, the result is the same. It is a vote to keep him in office.

it definitely doesn't make sense
by ravenium  (2024-04-15 11:29:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

And is a one line emotipost that provides nothing.

I think because trump is so uniquely incompetent and embarrassing to traditional conservatives, many of them (rightly) have a bit of ennui in their choices this fall. They're not going to magically change all their principles to Democratic Party ones, and why should they? I totally get that!

However, some of them have instead chosen to take one of two routes:

- try to make Biden "just as bad" somehow, vs "wrong within normal parameters".

- attack the straw man that does not exist here; namely the rabid pro Biden voter.

Look, I'd kill for a ranked choice situation and a way out of this ever polarizing binary situation we're in. But we're a long way from "meh I don't care for Bush/Obama but life goes on".