I'm voting third-party in NC.
by EricCartman (2024-04-15 13:57:13)
Edited on 2024-04-16 10:47:36

In reply to: In a two party system, it's either Biden or Trump. If  posted by sorin69

Just like I did in 2016 and 2020.

I refuse to vote for candidates that I do not agree with, because of some lesser evil logic.

Our system is built upon checks and balances. I do not fear the orange monster, I just don't really want to live through it again. But if that is the will of the people, so be it. (Same goes for Biden winning. I'd rather not live through him, or Harris, but it is what it is.)

It's a free country and I respect your candor. We'll see
by sorin69  (2024-04-16 00:29:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

what happens. I confess I do not understand the indifference. But I could be the one who's wrong and it will just be another four years of watching our country trashed by a human being of unfathomable idiocy and vulgarity. We will, I repeat, survive. We're not Weimar.

It's not indifference
by crazychester  (2024-04-16 17:38:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

While I agree with some, though certainly not all, of Trumps policies, I will not vote for him because I think he is a despicable human being and is unfit to occupy the office.

While Biden seems to be a better man than Trump, I agree with very few of his policies and his refusal to even consider the role of spending in inflation and deficits (admittedly Trump is poor here as well, but not nearly as bad) is disqualifying to me*. This, along with his refusal to address the chaos caused by his border policies are, to me, disqualifying.

* US Debt and defecits are far and away my most important issue.

Appreciated. Your outline conforms to what I think of as the
by sorin69  (2024-04-17 08:26:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

board's center of gravity, if there is one. And debt and deficit are, as I expected, no. 1. "Indifference": okay, too strong and maybe unfair. I may be excessively grossed out by Trump's miasma of corruption in every sector of personal and public life. He secretes a pheromone that is peculiarly stimulating to a potent strain of American grievance and resentment. I can't think of a comparable figure in our political life from any point in the nation's history. He didn't create the grievance and resentment, which will be there when he finally pays the debt of nature. But he is really gifted at exploiting and stimulating it. Just profoundly depressing to see him gloating as he flies around on Air Force One and dominates our public life. His enemy list will make Nixon's look benign.