So I wasn't really talking to you, but
by ravenium (2024-04-16 14:30:42)
Edited on 2024-04-16 14:31:13

In reply to: Put down the crazy drink  posted by airborneirish

Since you seem to like making "see, I was right, nobody believed me, everyone is dumb but me. Source: my personal opinion" type of posts such as the one above, I think I need to reply.

1. You postulated that Iran has sleeper agents ready to strike and it should be our top threat priority. I disagree, and I cite the GAO's most recent report on domestic terrorism (linked below).

2. You insinuated that said sleeper argents are coming across via coyotes at the border. This is rather silly, given how easy it is to come here legally if one were a nation state actor. You also attempted to link it to the current drumbeat of "porous borders!", which is a concern in and of itself, but a bit of a bridge to directly link.

3. "Held Hostage" is hilarious. You won't find many defending the embarrassing inability of PPB to enact crowd control in 2020 (which was four years ago, btw) or the terrible inability of city/county government to make any sort of decision, but "held hostage"? Please. I was more held hostage by covid, because there were no bars or restaurants to go to. I could walk a dog downtown and shockingly encountered no checkpoints.

No, what happened in 2020 was criminal behavior piggybacking on protests, and it's a crying shame we all became dumbasses and failed to shut it down. It's over, but I won't soon forget.

And speaking of domestic terrorism, I'd say those groups are part of them. Shutting down roads, airports, and bridges is going to. lead to violence, and I have no trouble considering it as such.