I would be elated if Oregon Republicans were like Hogan
by mocopdx (2024-04-17 11:15:58)

In reply to: I like Hogan. Won't vote for him, however. And sad i am ...  posted by Barney68

We should be propping these types up as much as possible, for the sake of both parties and our country as a whole.

Amen to that
by ravenium  (2024-04-17 12:12:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

The Oregon GOP basically got taken over by Christian Nationalist wackos like Dallas Heard (who themselves have since stepped down, I think).

My former neighbor was the head of the Multco GOP and was pushed out years back by some dude who had the ear of the Proud Boys and brought muscle to a meeting. I can't even concoct a better story.

Even if a decent fellow wanted to ignore these asshats and run on a moderate platform, they'd be vilified as "extremists!" by anyone even slightly left of center.

I think the GOP is beyond saving - they should just bring back the Whigs and abandon it at this point.

Your third paragraph is Oregon's issue
by mocopdx  (2024-04-17 12:18:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Oregon Lefties are so out of touch with reality that anyone who is center left or right of that is "a fascist!!!!". There's no point in running moderate or center-right GOP candidates in Oregon- they'll be labeled MAGA extremists anyways, so why not just run the actual MAGA extremists. It's maddening.