MAGA is here to stay -- it's what the voters want
by gregmorrissey (2024-04-17 12:16:26)

In reply to: I'd be in  posted by AquinasDomer

Ronald Reagan, George HW Bush, George W Bush, John McCain, Mitt Romney -- all RINOs who would be rejected by Trump and the MAGA contingent. For God's sake, we are probably less than a decade away from Trump being deemed a RINO which is pretty funny because he is the only one that is actually a RINO since he's a Democrat.

There is a giant swath of the country that feels like they've been left behind, and they aren't wrong. They've been shucked like an ear of corn for 50 years. Well, now there's nothing left but the husk --- and their votes. They don't care who the candidate is, they just want to see the whole thing blown up. I'm not sure I can blame them. I put far more blame on the single-issue abortion voter and the head in the sand debt/deficit voter. They were the ones that decided "I know this candidate is bat shit crazy, but at least they aren't an abortion-loving, heavy-spending Democrat". Nevermind that Republicans regularly run deficits that would make Democrats weak in the knees and that many Republican candidates have far different personal views and experiences with abortion than their political "stance" would suggest.

Replies: