Is your position he doesn't already know those things?
by El Kabong (2024-04-17 12:17:29)

In reply to: Sure, your approach only works if Hogan stands up to MAGA  posted by gregmorrissey

To the contrary, I'm quite sure he's aware of everything you've said.

He's shown no inclination to work with Trump before, why would he suddenly start doing it now?

And what would be the point of MAGA primary-ing him in Maryland? They have absolutely zero traction there.

To be clear, I don't have a position
by gregmorrissey  (2024-04-17 12:36:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I don't subscribe to Barney's stance. People should vote for whoever (whomever?) they want. I don't know anything about Hogan beyond this thread. If he's as you and others have described then I hope he wins as I lean toward the notion that principled, moderate Republicans are the key to defeating MAGA or at least keeping it in check. I guess I'm just skeptical that he will cross party lines to vote moderate.

Of course, Hogan is aware of everything I said. It's his career, and I'm barely even a political observer. But, also, it's his career. MAGA can "defeat" him without primary-ing him. They can keep him off desired committees, cut him off from any party financing, etc. Those are just the behind the scenes things.