In a tightly controlled Senate, one person can do a lot.
by EricCartman (2024-04-17 13:34:04)

In reply to: Sure, your approach only works if Hogan stands up to MAGA  posted by gregmorrissey

Look at Manchin or Sinema recently, or the Gang of Six from years ago, or the ACA vote wrangling process. When every vote counts, a centrist can leverage their vote to extract concessions and alter the bill.

Hogan seems like someone that would join a new Gang of Six to push forward a bi-partisan bill aimed at fixing one of our numerous problems. Look at his rational for entering the race:

“I still don’t have any burning desire to be a senator. I wasn’t looking for a title. I don’t need a job. But I’m just so frustrated with how broken our political system is,” Hogan said in an interview with CNN during a campaign stop at a food market in Baltimore last week. “George Bush was a pretty good salesperson trying to convince me that the party and the country needed me, and I would have had an important voice that I can make a difference.”

Someone that doesn't want the job is the exact person that we need. We have plenty of power hungry pols running around DC already, we don't need another one.