I listen to NPR for the music
by gozer (2024-04-17 14:24:03)
Edited on 2024-04-17 14:25:38

In reply to: Not a good look for NPR.  posted by Bacchus

Before I moved out of CO, there was a show with a dj who sounded like professor Farnsworth, and I swear this sentence actually came oyt of his mouth: "there's a new track from (artist name forgotten, he probably couldn't pronounce it anyway), he's a new up and comer on the rave circuit in Turkmenistan"

So they can expand from the corporate sponsored play Taylor Swift 37 times a day, which is nice. But then they break into talk shows, and I don't think there was ever even a quote from a conservative said to rebut their argument. Just peesent the liberal side and move on. They did give Richard Wolff a half hour a week though. Then during the fundraising drives they'd play messages from people who donated and raved about their "unbiasednews coverage".

This station couldn't even be bothered to remember Heidi Ganahl's name (I think thats right) when they were announcing the gubernatorial debate. They just said "governor Polis and that lady, I can't remember her name,she's like a dogsitter or something,..." (Ms. Ganahl founded and went national with a franchised chain of kennels, camp Bow Wow, so it's not necessarily inaccurate, but it's a bit of a slanted take on her career. Also, I thought her to be a bit of a kook as I recall so could not in good conscience vote for her)