#6 people are real peaches. I had many fun ones during my
by Grace91 (2024-04-17 18:05:54)

In reply to: Respectfully, that was not my point.....  posted by Marine Domer

unsuccessful run. One wound up being the parent of one of my children's teammates on a school sports team. Not sure if they remembered yelling at me from their gold cart as they barreled down their very long driveway yelling at me. I certainly remembered them. Another yelled at me when I returned to the house, noting that they already had told me that they were not interested. When I politely explained that I needed to check their dog's vaccination records as it had bit me and broken the skin (through pants, and I didn't realize it at the time) they were somewhat more polite. Then there were the garden variety "not interested" yellers.

I have been asked a few times by people to run again. I don't think that I have it in me. It's a tremendous amount of time and nontrivial amount of money (I self-funded, maybe I am stupid) to invest to campaign. Add to that the vitriol and untruths spewed on social media, being physically assaulted (yes, it happened, no, I was not hurt, the fact that it happened at all is the problem), and I have no desire to re-engage. Then I see proposed development in the area and I wonder. But most likely I will keep to myself, put in my time here, and leave the area if it becomes too much. It's depressing.