New phase in life
by shillelaghhugger (2023-12-28 23:15:32)
Edited on 2023-12-28 23:17:18

In reply to: “Screams Without Words” the NYT article about the rampant  posted by Barrister

I can’t do it. I dunno if it’s cuz I have little girls of my own or I’m simply tired. But I dont have it in me. I’ve seen a good amount of rough stuff in my day so I’m not unfamiliar with violence.

I don’t love all the allegations I hear from Israeli tactics. I don’t have enough info to sort fact from fiction. Forgive me if I don’t trust Hamas or UN reporting. All I know is I would be similarly unfeeling about crushing the militants in Gaza, which are ubiquitous. And at the end of this we may conclude that Israel went too far. But at this point it’s difficult to tell them they should suck it up and accept this.

I am very frustrated with the Zoom class in America who has never known violence or a lack of safety in their lives saying such idiotic things like “the IDF should have stuck with Bin Laden style raids to take out Hamas leadership” (Krystal Ball) as though they have the first effin clue of what they opine on. It’s sophomoric nonsense. I’ve seen pundits reserve more rage for the stripping incident than they had for Oct 7. A Hamas defender and supposed expert on genocide Raz Segal said today that Hamas cannot be held accountable for genocidal behavior because they simply don’t have the capacity- those thousands of indiscriminate rockets are immaterial apparently. He had the nerve to suggest that other than Oct 7 they have been mostly non genocidal towards Jews “despite some of their rhetoric”. Just amazing.