Further...
by IrishApache (2023-12-31 00:58:01)

In reply to: From a NY standpoint...  posted by IrishApache

I'll add that when the wretchedly horse-toothed Kathy Hochul became the governor of New York in August of 2021, following the Andrew Cuomo scandal, she further proved BI's point.

In her very first month as governor, she issued an executive order stating all children in daycare, aged 2-4, now had to wear masks in daycare facilities. So did the daycare providers. To Cuomo's credit, he followed the science closely enough to recognize that such an act would have been futile.

But Kathy wanted to be tough on Covid!

My youngest was 2.5 years old at the time. My wife and I had both been vaccinated, as had every member of the daycare staff.

He struggled to wear a mask for eight hours a day, struggled to express his words and emotions while wearing a mask, and struggled to read cues given to him by the masked staff members. It was horrible.

The science was clear at this point that masking 2 year olds created more harm then good. The treatment was worse than the disease. But where was Fauci to repudiate this decree by Hochul? He remained silent as not to run afoul of a political ally.

Maybe you're not a parent. OK. But I am. And to parrot BI, government "botched it." And my child suffered.

Replies: