I wasn’t just quarantining
by vermin05 (2023-12-31 07:47:56)

In reply to: I really do not understand.  posted by BeijingIrish

I had to confront this virus every single day, I had the added burden of knowing that because of my job I was a major threat to anyone I cared about, I was shunned by some of my family with good reason because I saw that virus kill countless people and leave more permanently disabled. You never saw that aspect, the media never saw that aspect because of both federal guidelines (HIPPA) and the ethics of healthcare professionals. My darkest days were November-December 2020, the vaccine was a miracle I first received on Christmas Eve 2020. That finally gave me hope.

I know I know nothing about your service, I respect that I know nothing and always shut up when I’m told that by any veteran. I’m asking for that same respect and deference in this matter because while the world baked sourdough bread, dealt with zooming everything and having kids not go to school, I had to suit up, face death head on using communal masks I had to share and reuse (despite them being designed to be a one time use item) with no means to stop or even slow disease progression, go see patients in makeshift hospital rooms (because all our normal rooms were full,) and put my life in danger because that was my job and my duty during a god damm plague.

Quarantining saved lives by pushing peoples first illnesses until after they were vaccinated thankfully a majority of this country did not get the disease until after they were vaccinated, unfortunately this has caused most to conclude Covid was a big joke and the thing that saved their lives (quarantining and the vaccine) were unneeded bothers. I pray I’m retired before an illness proves the common idiot wrong.

Replies: