She's awful. Of course, her republican opponent in the last
by Grace91 (2023-12-31 12:05:31)
Edited on 2023-12-31 12:05:50

In reply to: This picture should define Hochul's regime  posted by 88_92WSND

election was, too. As much as I was admonished about it, I still contend that the environment around running and serving as a politician is such that we wind up with terrible candidates, and the primaries wind up pushing more moderate voices aside in favor of those with more extreme views. Hochul is misguided and seemingly hell-bent on imposing her wrong and harmful policies on the state, Yet, she was elected. One of these years I will get out of here. To where, I do not know. Hopefully somewhere with a more moderate regime and population, so that I can avoid lunatics on both ends of the spectrum.

I'm loving North Carolina.
by IrishApache  (2023-12-31 12:15:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

It's purple. More sanity than insanity. Sure, the taxes are not as low as Florida, Texas, South Carolina, or Tennessee, but I do not find them to be burdensome, like I did in New York and Connecticut.

I certainly have my policy preferences, which skew to the right, but I've come to believe that single party rule - in either direction - is a bad thing and that both parties need each other to find balance.

And the BBQ here is kick-ass.

We came very close to moving about five years ago. As much
by Grace91  (2023-12-31 12:30:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

as we love our house and our property, we don't love the state or frankly most of our fellow residents where we live, and it's not specifically about political affiliation as our area is not aligned with the overall state leaning. As you well know as a former resident the less populated areas aren't in agreement with those closer to the big cities. But, there are other issues, as there are anywhere. I am an independent, focused on what I believe would be prudent choices rather than pushing an agenda from either side. Watching the potential of the area being squandered has been heartbreaking. I agree with you that single party rule is a problem. I'm living it - see prior comment. As for the barbecue, NC is good, but having grown up in Kansas City, I still prefer it.

I'm glad that you are enjoying NC. If we decamp from NY, we likely would wind up in PA until such time as we decided to move someplace like NC. Unless things get horrific here, going to PA is unlikely, as we have decades invested in our house and property and enjoy it. The day will come, though, of that I am certain.

Have a great day and a happy new year!