We came very close to moving about five years ago. As much
by Grace91 (2023-12-31 12:30:55)

In reply to: I'm loving North Carolina.  posted by IrishApache

as we love our house and our property, we don't love the state or frankly most of our fellow residents where we live, and it's not specifically about political affiliation as our area is not aligned with the overall state leaning. As you well know as a former resident the less populated areas aren't in agreement with those closer to the big cities. But, there are other issues, as there are anywhere. I am an independent, focused on what I believe would be prudent choices rather than pushing an agenda from either side. Watching the potential of the area being squandered has been heartbreaking. I agree with you that single party rule is a problem. I'm living it - see prior comment. As for the barbecue, NC is good, but having grown up in Kansas City, I still prefer it.

I'm glad that you are enjoying NC. If we decamp from NY, we likely would wind up in PA until such time as we decided to move someplace like NC. Unless things get horrific here, going to PA is unlikely, as we have decades invested in our house and property and enjoy it. The day will come, though, of that I am certain.

Have a great day and a happy new year!