Hah, wish I had thought about that but that would have
by MDDomer (2023-12-31 14:40:57)
Edited on 2023-12-31 15:10:35

In reply to: That's fantastic.  posted by IrishApache

led him to issuing a counseling form and/or trying to suspend me (which he did at a later time for complete bs). I couldn’t stand him or most of the supervisors in our department. About the only decent one was an ex Marine who was fantastic. Short story. I was working in Columbia, MD which was the first ‘planned community’ to which we referred to as the Land of Oz. Routinely residents there would tell us on traffic stops that we didn’t have the authority to pull them over because only the ‘Columbia police’ could do that. Slight issue-there was no such police department.

One day, I was dealing with an idiot who was screaming at people as they walked by and some of them felt threatened and called us. During my conversation with him he was very belligerent and I told him that no one would have called us if he stopped acting like an asshole. At that point he started screaming like a mad wolf and screamed ‘I want to talk to your supervisor RIGHT NOW!!!’. Fortunately for me my Sergeant during that time was the ex Marine and I radioed him that he was needed. He arrived and the person of course told him that I called him an asshole. After about a 30 second conversation he told the guy’You know why my officer called you an asshole?’ Without waiting for a reply he said to him ‘Because you are an asshole’, he thenturned around and got back into his cruiser and drove off. The look on the dumbass’s face was priceless.

Unfortunately for me I was reassigned later when a new class of recruits came aboard and then I was under the supervision of a sergeant who had little to no intelligence and police knowledge