Ha! That's why I caveated my point about businesses
by krudler (2024-01-04 11:13:25)

In reply to: I dont necessarily disagree with this my issues is that I  posted by wpkirish

still even being meritocracies. I've seen plenty of unqualified people get promoted because they 1) kissed the right asses or 2) were friends with the right people. It's maddening. I don't disagree with your points either.

In my research one area where I did find that this whole "DEI" philosophy could add value is in health and savings areas. However, that's more socioeconomic-based rather than purely genetics. For example, there are certain companies that can track an employee base of a company, note where that company has at-risk EEs for health (health deserts, high risk for diabetes, etc.) and give the company tools to reach those EEs and give them options they didn't know they had for preventative medicine or second opinions. Same for savings/wealth - where EEs largely are not saving, or putting their pre-tax money in areas that are not nearly as tax-advantaged, there are tools available to help educate them and reallocate some of their savings to maximize how they save. I think those kinds of companies will have staying power if properly utilized.

Replies: