She did her PHD a while back
by AquinasDomer (2024-01-04 15:08:35)

In reply to: Cool, then we are on the same page.  posted by EricCartman

I'm sure if you fed a lot of old work through modern plagiarism finding software that you'd turn up a lot of dirt on a lot of people. There's software now that's good at catching human generated data in experiments that's led to some retractions.

I'm just surprised it's not SOP to do this before hiring a president or giving someone tenure.

She graduated a few years ago.
by EricCartman  (2024-01-04 15:19:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

It was before the AI boom, but not that long ago.

She got her PhD in 1998
by AquinasDomer  (2024-01-04 16:11:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

That seems to be in the early years of software.

I thought Jacquard invented software. *
by Kbyrnes  (2024-01-05 15:37:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

That will be news to a lot of engineers. Just giving you a
by Grace91  (2024-01-04 17:39:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

hard time - I presume that you mean the early years of the type of software used to check references in papers and such.

Ha.
by EricCartman  (2024-01-04 16:59:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I was talking about my wife. Sorry.