I agree with you and while I try to avoid this phrase Both
by wpkirish (2024-01-05 13:10:04)

In reply to: I guess I find folks' reflexive defense of misconduct  posted by Barrister

sides do it. I will admit that while i try not to do that myself I am sure there have been times where i have fallen into the trap. I made a book recommendation above and one of the recurring themes is the Evangelical Church doing just that due to the tribalization / politicization of the church.

Sorry if I implied Ackman was some right wing nut because I did not intend to. For very obvious personal reasons the response to 10/7 is something he deeply cares about. The point I was attempting to make is while he feels very comfortable calling out the students and the University Presidents he was more than happy to defend Musk over tweets like the following

“Soros reminds me of Magneto,” comparing billionaire financier and philanthropist George Soros to the Jewish supervillain from Marvel’s X-Men series

Musk posted “You have said the actual truth” to a person on X who had promoted the conspiracy theory that Jewish communities “have been pushing the exact kind of dialectical hatred against whites that they claim to want people to stop using against them.

Of course there are a number of other posts where he traffic's in anti-semtic tropes but for some reason Ackman does not feel the same way toward Musk as he does toward the Presidents who testified.

I did mean Ackman's wife and I would say yes it is ill intent because it was done for no reason other than to strike back at Ackman. I have never been in academics but I suspect there are a lot of people reviewing papers this weekend trying to see if they have potential problems.

Agree with your last statement. Makes not one bit of difference in my life if the Harvard President is demoted. As the father of a HS senior going through the admissions process right now I will say American Universites are not my favorite thing in the world right now.

I will say as a general principle I think the attack on anti-woke / anti-CRT attack educationover the past few years is not a positive development for our society but that is a different conversation.