My guess is he really wants to speak.
by NDBass (2024-01-09 21:28:49)

In reply to: No idea but don’t see how a represented party can do  posted by Barrister

Say just about whatever he wants to rile up his followers and then get the luxury of the judge likely telling him to stop saying some things or whatnot to add fuel to the fire. Either way, it'll be used as chum for them.

Actually, your subject line was probably sufficient *
by ufl  (2024-01-10 07:16:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I have never heard of a civil defendant
by ACross  (2024-01-09 22:49:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Represented by counsel provided any part of a closing statement.

He can testify (and opted not to do so in the presentation of his defense) but in doing so he would be under oath and subject to cross examination.

His lawyers know this.

I've seen it once -- in a prisoner case where he was
by Milhouse  (2024-01-10 11:23:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

represented by court-appointed lawyers after surviving summary judgment. It was a bench trial. His speech didn't help his case and he did not prevail.