Too many states have sore-loser laws for it to happen *
by El Kabong (2024-01-10 20:51:13)

In reply to: A factor not mentioned often  posted by ufl

This user did not provide content for this post

It may not apply to presidential elections in most states
by SixShutouts66  (2024-01-11 13:47:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

The link discusses the case and cites several examples of minor party presidential candidates who were defeated in presidential primaries for another party but ran for another party in the general election. Lyndon LaRouche and John Anderson are two examples that were cited.

The link is from Ballotpedia from an article in Ballot Access News, which seems relatively neutral. Whether sore loser laws could take effect or not, Trump would be able to sabotage the chances of a GOP candidate.

Trump has never lost an election they have all been stolen
by wpkirish  (2024-01-11 09:27:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

from him did not matter if it was the Apprentice at the Emmy's or Ted Cruz winning Iowa in 2016.

I dont think he needs to run as a third party to cause problems. Unless he decides he needs Haley to win in order to get a pardon, I would be shocked to see him change his ways. If he goes down complaining about the RINO's stealing the election from him I think the damage could be just as significant.

The bigger issue is whether the polling on second choices is accurate. If it is then yes Haley gets a bump from Christie but the polling shows Trump getting a bigger bump from DeSantis.

I hadn’t considered that
by ufl  (2024-01-11 07:00:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

but he wouldn’t need to be on the ballot to do the Republican candidate in.