This doesn't look good, either.
by Kayo (2024-01-11 16:11:52)

In reply to: Great, another self-own by the Trump prosecution team  posted by El Kabong

The filings from Roman's case include a bill sent from Wade to the Fulton County district attorney's office requesting two payments of $2,000 for separate occasions, under the project title "anti-corruption special prosecutor."

The first, on May 23, 2022, is labeled "travel to Athens: Conf[erence] with White House Counsel," for which Wade charged $2,000 for eight hours' work. The bill read that Wade also had an "interview with DC/White House" on November 18, 2022 for which he also billed $8,000 at a rate of $250 per hour.

These meetings are interesting because the White House spokespeople have denied any coordination with the various states' legal initiatives against Trump.

We’re in so much trouble
by ndsapper  (2024-01-13 19:24:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I’m just not sure we can get out of it.

Former Pres. Trump will be found guilty at some point, I think that’s inevitable, but it’ll be so tainted to not matter to half the country.

Hadn't seen that.
by krudler  (2024-01-12 10:28:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Really looks bad and I hope there's a good explanation. As always doesn't make Trump innocent.

Some people are greedy and/or stupid.
by NDBass  (2024-01-12 13:00:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I don't know if you consider that a good explanation, but it is the most likely one.

For what would he be billing those hours though? *
by krudler  (2024-01-15 14:19:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I liked this little nugget from the NY Times:
by Barrister  (2024-01-11 16:47:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

"In 2020, Mr. Wade was chosen by the sheriff in Cobb County to investigate deaths at the jail there. In June of that year, Mr. Wade was quoted in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution saying that he planned to issue a report about conditions at the jail. “If we find it, we’ll report it,” he said. “It’ll be written up.”

But in October 2020, he said during a court hearing that he had spent five months reviewing deaths at the jail and interviewing deputies but had not kept any written notes, according to 11 Alive, the NBC affiliate in Atlanta.

“I have obviously my brainchild, what’s going on in my mind about it,” he said. “That’s what I have.”"

Seriously? Spent months investigating jail deaths (and presumably got paid) but didn't take any notes?

Definitely not
by El Kabong  (2024-01-11 16:38:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

At least not be stupid enough to write it down