That figure does not surprise me.
by Cash (2024-01-15 19:46:11)

In reply to: I heard a comment about a recent poll asking people if they  posted by IAND75

A larger number of Americans can be characterized as ignorant of basic civics, and certainly have limited or no appreciation of the human capacity for tyranny, the monstrousness that comes with it, and our relatively recent experiment at warding it off.

This is not new and I doubt it will improve substantially in our lifetimes. Hence the need for moral leadership.

Cash

Excellent post. I'd love to see civics taught in our....
by Marine Domer  (2024-01-16 18:00:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

schools more, if it could be done free of ideological bent. My years in politics taught me most people don't the faintest clue what their local government does, or who represents them, and they only have a marginally better understanding of national offices and representatives.

I'm surprised it isn't higher. *
by NDBass  (2024-01-15 21:25:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply