They weren't going after the government/military
by AquinasDomer (2024-01-16 13:46:51)

In reply to: Pakistan has The Bomb. Insane *  posted by sprack

They were going after militants in Baluchi areas, which as I understand it is not especially well controlled by the Pakistani central government.

Hopefully the Iranians get sucked into their own quagmire fighting radical Sunni groups and lose their focus on us.

they reportedly killed 2 children
by DBCooper  (2024-01-16 14:04:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I guess they missed the militants

I wonder if Karachi will be as sanguine about these
by Barrister  (2024-01-16 13:55:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

strikes, regardless of who the target was.

That is a scary proposition. Seems like Iran....
by Marine Domer  (2024-01-16 15:54:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

is doing everything possible to escalate this situation. Not sure what their motivation is, but I'm comfortable believing it isn't anything good, moral, or humanitarian. I'll continue to hope the young and educated population in Iran will rise up and oust these angry

It’s totally reasonable to vacation there *
by airborneirish  (2024-01-17 22:50:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

This is my read as well
by ndsapper  (2024-01-17 08:25:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Missile attacks from Iranian soil on three different countries in the last week seem to signal a much more aggressive posture.

Potentially an internal calculation that our weak domestic position will prevent us from any significant response.

We've been waiting for that internal revolution for some time as they continue to kill us and our allies. The one opportunity to strongly support an uprising, if it was even a real opportunity, was squandered.

Perhaps there is more angst inside Iran
by BottleofRed  (2024-01-16 17:06:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

than we know about and the government is trying to redirect people's focus to an external enemy. That's my theory anyway.

If that's the case, wouldn't doing nothing make sense?
by enginerd194  (2024-01-16 17:48:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I understand the complaints in the posts below about the lack of a response but if your theory is true (which I'm not sincerely endorsing, just drinking on a Tuesday) then why save your opponent from making unforced errors?