I think the surge in independent voters is more a reflection
by wpkirish (2024-01-17 10:36:42)

In reply to: I agree that it is almost impossible for a third party win.  posted by EricCartman

of how people view politics and government (40+ years of being told it is the enemy) and less a reflection of voter's desire for a party with new views. I say this based on the historical data and more imoportantly the fact most people dont identify an issue with which drives the change. I also think it reflects the fact that while many think divided government is best because it cant do too much, people want government to work and the divided government of the past 15-20 years does not work.

However even if you think I am wrong a WH campaign is the wrong way to accomplish your goal in my view. First, as you admit it is unlikely to win and most likely to send Trump to the WH with the very real possibility of a Republican Senate and House. If you want to push the parties to change go find 20 Senate seats and 50 House seats where the silent middle can flip it from R/D to Independent. The problem is you cant find them.