Stronger response from Pakistan than I expected
by ndsapper (2024-01-17 22:44:25)

In reply to: AP reporting Iran has launched missile attacks at  posted by Barrister

Closed the borders and killed an Iranian colonel in the Republican Guard.

I thought Pakistan would say a few things publicly but not react in any noticeable manner.

killed 9 people in Iran with retaliatory airstrikes
by DBCooper  (2024-01-18 10:20:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

and now Iran is conducting military exercises on the border

Certainly heating up fast.

Can either of these countries afford a war?
by AquinasDomer  (2024-01-18 16:17:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Pakistan is near default and Iran's budget is out of whack because of the price of oil. I don't see how either can maintain a war without large scale civil unrest.

Have you seen the "If World War I were a bar fight"
by 88_92WSND  (2024-01-18 00:22:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

There seems to be a trend of fewer and fewer punches being pulled. Any one of the recent events, in normal times, would have been noteworthy. Now, they're just one more item in the noise.

I feel like this jumbles the bar fight
by AquinasDomer  (2024-01-18 08:08:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Iran and Pakistan are both friendly with China. India is backing Iran. We and the Saudis seem to be aiding Pakistan at the margin.

If this broadened I wonder how you'd get alignment into two sides.