You seemed to be suggesting that I was dismissing BI
by ravenium (2024-01-18 16:22:20)
Edited on 2024-01-18 16:22:30

In reply to: I think if you read my post again and consider what I wrote  posted by airborneirish

Which horrified me at first as I wouldn't dare even set foot into most of his realms of expertise. I even got a bit of a chuckle over his "if your CEO is at Davos, consider selling" comment as that sort of hits home. It'd be like if someone tried to tell me how security and privacy work.

Not for nothing but we perhaps have different definitions of "moron" and "genius".

I have a hard time considering Trump a "genius" at anything as I think he lucked into things by having considerable resources, people who felt they could feed off him, and people who needed something from him. Almost every single business the guy started has failed, yet somehow he personally has not been affected.

Maybe "shrewd" is better? He knows how to keep attention on him, he knows how to manipulate levers and escape consequences for his actions?

As for Milei, I will walk back "moron" under the definition of someone as being stupid. He is clearly not a stupid man. He is bombastic and really fucking weird, and he has some very bad opinions, such as thinking Trump was the best president ever and that climate change isn't real.

I am not qualified to tell you if his economic opinions will work, but they've been described as "untested" and he seems to really like to mock other economists, and I am naturally skeptical of someone who is that sure of themselves.

I think he was elected because the outgoing regime was truly awful and had no answers for what was occurring, so the populace soundly rejected that.

Time will tell and I hope for the best.

Speaking of words and meanings, "dressing down"? You won't find any positive words from me for the Davos set, but I find his "man of the people" schtick to ring false.