Very interesting read on US soccer (link)
by Xaeryne (2012-09-13 01:27:06)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Olympic ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

That's a great article, thanks for posting *
by TCFC  (2012-09-14 14:48:45)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

brilliant article
by plaid_pants  (2012-09-13 05:50:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Matthew Doyle is becoming the US's own version of Jonathan Wilson, Phil Ball or Uli Hess. I've attached a link to his Armchair Analyst columns at MLSsoccer.

I especially enjoyed his perspective on Claudio Reyna. We had essentially the same argument back here about 4 years ago. Doyle writes about the context of the rest of the team around Reyna that clears up some of that debate in my opinion. (For those that don't remember, I was anti-Reyna in the 2002 and 2006 time frame because I felt he needlessly slowed down the US counter attack which was our strength).

I wished he wrote a little more about McBride and Altidore as he did about Reyna. That was the other debate we had back here.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.