Odd team selection
by ChicagoWave03 (2012-10-08 17:56:25)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Olympic ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Eddie Johnson? Really?

Klinsmann must really dislike Altidore. And why not Terrence Boyd?

You were saying? *
by navyjoe  (2012-10-12 20:54:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

See below.
by ChicagoWave03  (2012-10-12 21:23:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I admitted my mistaken judgment.

I still question including both Donovan and Shea when most people didn't think they'd be fit, but not that big of a deal. I'll also say that, frankly, we looked pretty bad most of the match and other than Johnson's two headers, he didn't do much - but all that matters is goals.

I'm just busting your balls
by NavyJoe  (2012-10-12 21:36:17)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I couldn't even watch the game--was following along with GameCast. The in-game analysis was...uninspiring.

Could be worse. At least we are not Irish. Have to imagine that there's a bunch of folks contemplating dives into the Liffey after their showing today.

Yes, really. *
by Steel hop  (2012-10-12 20:51:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Deleted *
by ChicagoWave03  (2012-10-12 21:25:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was trying to be funny. I agreed with you very first
by Steel hop  (2012-10-13 08:49:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Post with respect to Johnson and Altidore.

Sorry, my bad *
by ChicagoWave03  (2012-10-14 12:49:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

no worries. i forget sarcasm doesn't come through very well
by steelhop  (2012-10-14 22:27:27)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On the internet.

I guess that's why JK gets paid to coach and I don't. *
by ChicagoWave03  (2012-10-12 19:23:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Comments from Klinsmeister:
by G.K.Chesterton  (2012-10-08 22:01:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"I communicated with Jozy that I was not happy about his latest performances with us, maybe even the last 14 months," Klinsmann told reporters on a conference call Monday afternoon. "I think Jozy can do much, much better. The reason why he's not coming in is mainly about the performances (last month) in Jamaica and at home and in training, also certain things that went on in the May-June camp."

I wonder what those "certain things" were. Also, I'm happy Donovan was able to make the squad despite the injury.

Update: Donovan and Shea are now out for the qualifiers.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2012-10-09 18:02:30)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No replacements are being brought in.

As a Sounders fan Eddie Johnson has been amazing this season
by Xaeryne  (2012-10-08 18:25:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just scored again last night for his 14th goal of the season, and has had an amazing resurgence this year. I have no problem with giving him a chance at this stage, and he certainly deserves it.

I guess
by ChicagoWave03  (2012-10-08 18:56:17)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know he has been good for the Sounders this season, but I just feel like we've been down this road before.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.